As a student entering your final thesis year in the Master of Architecture program, the Office of the Registrar and Student Services requests that you inform us by Monday, August 10, 2020, 9am Toronto time whether you will be completing your thesis in the fall or winter term. The majority of MARC students opt to complete their degree by enrolling in the fall term only.
Government Student Funding: Your choice of registration pattern may have funding and/or re-payment implications if you received/are receiving government student funding such as OSAP, or scholarships. Review your government student funding repayment obligations, and/or your scholarship terms and conditions.
Study Permit and UHIP Coverage: International students who are considering a registration pattern other than ‘fall only’ should first review their study permit expiry date and, if considering winter term only, details of how to request UHIP during a leave of absence (http://uhip.ca/your-coverage.aspx) BEFORE submitting their registration choice.
Minimum Program Fee:
- The MArch degree (AH MARC) has a program length of 3.5 years.
- The MArch Second-Year Advanced Standing Option degree (AH MARC 2) has a program length of 2.5 years.
- The MArch Post-Professional degree (AH MARC 1) has a program length of 1.5 years.
The School of Graduate Studies (SGS) Minimum Degree Fee is based on program length. MARC students who complete their studies in a typical 7 sessions of full-time study (or 5 sessions of full-time study for MARC2) will have paid their minimum degree fee upon completion. Students who vary from the typical registration pattern will have their accounts reviewed upon program completion to assess whether or not a ‘balance of degree’ fee needs to be charged. Where students complete more than the minimum number of registrations needed, fees are paid in each session of registration and no refunds are provided. See Minimum Program Fee at: http://www.sgs.utoronto.ca/currentstudents/Pages/Graduate-Fees.aspx) for more details.
If you have followed a typical registration pattern until now,
- Opting to register full-time in either fall or winter (Option 1 or 2 below) brings you to the minimum degree fee for your MARC degree.
- Opting to register full-time in both fall & winter (Option 3 below) will result in paying more than the minimum degree fee.
Register by Tuition Fee Deferral or Payment by Aug 28: Your student registration has initially been set to be active for fall and winter term to allow you to choose electives freely on ACORN in either term. Your registration and related fees will be updated by the School of Graduate Studies only once they receive all thesis registration forms from Daniels; this update might not take place until after the registration/deferral/payment deadline of August 28. Whichever option you choose below, you are strongly advised to register by payment or tuition fee deferral by Fri, August 28, 2020 in order for you not to be taken out of your program/courses. See this document for details on how to register by payment or tuition fee deferral: https://www.daniels.utoronto.ca/sites/default/files/revised_tuition_fees...
You may consult the Student Accounts fee schedules at: https://studentaccount.utoronto.ca/tuition-fees/current-fall-winter-fee-... to find the program fee amounts that you will be assessed following your registration adjustment. On the Domestic Fees document, look for Table 12. On the International fees document, look for Table 15.
- If you choose either Option 1 or 2 below, you will be assessed the Full-time: fall or winter fees.
- If you choose Option 3 below, you will be assessed the Full-time: fall-winter fees.
- Whichever option you choose below, do a tuition fee deferral on ACORN (if you are eligible) or pay the Minimum Payment to Register amount listed at the bottom of your ACORN fees invoice by the August 28 registration deadline,
Confirmation of Submission:You will receive a confirmation email upon successful submission of this form.
Questions: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of the Registrar and Student Services via email (email@example.com) before submitting your form.